[PySide] examples/explainers for event filters?

Gordon L. Kindlmann glk at uchicago.edu
Wed Aug 31 18:17:27 CEST 2022

> On Aug 31, 2022, at 2:36 AM, Cristián Maureira-Fredes <Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io> wrote:
>
> You can check this example
> that implements eventFilter
> https://code.qt.io/cgit/pyside/pyside-setup.git/tree/examples/network/googlesuggest (see googlesuggest.py)

Thanks for that suggestion; that's more useful than the other example I ran across:
https://forum.qt.io/topic/133106/installeventfilter-not-working-on-pyside6
which puts the event filter at the application level, rather than for a single widget.

>> But I have the feeling that this content represents some incomplete translation of C++ code ...
>
> Yeah, indeed that's one of the wrongly translated snippets,
> because the process is automated. Could you please open a bug report to fix it?

Sure, can you point out how to open such a bug report?
I didn't see any links on the documentation page in question.

Thanks,
Gordon