[PySide] Qt for Python release: 6.3.1 is out!

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Mon Jun 20 12:02:18 CEST 2022

Dear Community,

We are really happy to tell you that 6.3.1 is out!
It took us a couple of extra days but the wheels
were pushed to PyPi last Friday ;)

You can find the most important changes here:
https://code.qt.io/cgit/pyside/pyside-setup.git/tree/doc/changelogs/changes-6.3.1

This release contains fixes related compatibility issues
we had with older Python versions (3.7 and 3.9) due to the
fact that the wheels are generated with a higher version.

Some new API is around:
* like HBITMAP, HICON, and HRGN for Windows,
* QTest.qWait()/qSleep(),
* QAudioBuffer.data()/constData(),
* and if you use QLoggingCategory, qCDebug, qCInfo, qCWarning
   and qCCritical were added as well

Something really important that we encourage you to try,
is that we have in place an option, PYSIDE63_OPTION_PYTHON_ENUM
that you can define to change to the new Enum implementation.
We aim to get this in 6.4 as default behavior, so it's worth
the try before we jump into this feature.
The motivation behind this is to use Python Enums for all the
Qt Enums we have around, because until 6.3.0 we have been using
our own ad-hoc implementation.

On the Shiboken side of things,
you can now inject a function that retrieves the
type name of a polymorphic class,
the code related to type discovery is now generated
for all classes that contain an 'id expression' set,
among other things.

As always,
really crucial you can give us a hand by reporting
any strange or wrong behavior on the release
https://bugreports.qt.io/projects/PYSIDE

Remember to join any of the current community
platforms: https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_Python#Community

Have a nice week!
Cheers

--