[PySide] Communicating with detached process

Frank Rueter frank at ohufx.com
Thu Nov 10 08:12:03 CET 2022

Hi,

I am writing an app launcher which will allow for several commercial
applications to be launched into a custom process environment.
To ensure that none of the launched applications die in case my launcher
crashes, I am using QProcess.startDetached().

I also need to display any stdout or stderror from the launched
applications though.

Since I can't connect the signals of detached processes back to my launcher
app I assume the only way is to have them output to a log file which the
launcher can read. Is that the right approach?
Should I use QFileSystemWatcher to monitor the log files and read&purge
them as they change or is there a better way?

How would the pros do this?

Cheers,
Frank