[PySide] Wacom generating huge amount of QMouseEvents

Frank Rueter frank at ohufx.com
Mon Nov 28 10:02:46 CET 2022

Hi all,

I have a simple thumbnail widget that animates as the cursor moves across
it (effectively using the cursor position to drive some parameters to get
animation when the cursor hovers over the widget).
When I hover with the mouse it all works as expected and as soon as I stop
moving the mouse or the cursor leaves the widget the QMouseEvents stop
generating - perfect.

However, when I use my wacom pen the events keep being generated long after
I stop moving the  pen (i.e. lift the pen away from the tablet) or when the
cursor leaves the widget.

Is this a bug or do I need to manage this specifically? I am just using
setMouseTracking(True), then override the mouseMoveEvent.

I am usingPySide2 with Qt5.15.2

Cheers,
frank