[PySide] Submitting App to Mac Store

Pedro Ferreira plferreira4 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 10:42:50 CEST 2023

Hello, I have an application written with PySide that I'm trying to submit
to the Mac Store. I'm using PyInstaller to package it and sign it.

I submitted the app but on the review process I got a rejection with this
message:

Your app uses or references the following non-public or deprecated APIs:
> Symbols: _lzma_alone_decoder, _lzma_get_check, _lzma_end,
> _lzma_stream_decoder, _lzma_properties_size, _lzma_check_is_supported,
> _lzma_raw_decoder, _lzma_properties_encode, _lzma_auto_decoder, _lzma_code,
> _lzma_properties_decode, _lzma_easy_encoder, _lzma_lzma_preset,
> _lzma_stream_encoder, _lzma_alone_encoder, _lzma_raw_encoder,
> _responsibility_spawnattrs_setdisclaim,
> _responsibility_get_pid_responsible_for_pid

The use of non-public or deprecated APIs is not permitted on the App Store,
as they can lead to a poor user experience should these APIs change and are
otherwise not supported on Apple platforms.

I'm assuming this comes from Qt/PySide but have no idea how I can solve
this. Is there a different build that I can use that maybe doesn't have
these symbols? Or some other idea, not sure what to do.

Thanks