[PySide] New Qt for Python release: 6.7.0 is here!

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Tue Apr 9 13:26:42 CEST 2024

Dear community,

we are happy to announce that 6.7.0 is finally available.
It took us some extra time for some last minute issues,
but they were solved.

https://www.qt.io/blog/qt-for-python-release-6.7

The full change log can be found in:

https://code.qt.io/cgit/pyside/pyside-setup.git/tree/doc/changelogs/changes-6.7.0

If you want a summary:
- Improvements to the QtAsyncio.
- We use lazy imports now, getting from 35-40% improvement when
importing Qt modules.
- Improvements to the Android deployment.
- Better tools documentation and new examples.
- Thanks to QtCreator's team, there is now Python kits.
- Python 3.8 support was dropped
- On going work on the dynamic bindings, QtDS compatibility, Yocto
images, and macOS permission API.

As always, give us a hand by reporting bugs, asking for new examples,
tutorials, videos, etc on JIRA https://bugreports.qt.io/projects/PYSIDE

and drop by our community platforms in
https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_Python#Community

We hope you enjoy 6.7!