[PySide] adding pyside6 to yocto build

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Mon Jan 29 15:40:00 CET 2024

On 1/26/24 15:53, Belisko Marek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just want to ask as I'm new in pyside etc. I have an qt app which was
> written using python. I want to run my app on an embedded device so I
> would need to add pyside dependency. For my board I'm using Yocto to
> build the final image. I checked Pyside is available on pypi.org
> but arm64 is built for python 3.8 while Yocto has 3.10. Would that work or do I need to somehow compile pyside and other tools using Yocto?
>
> Thanks.
>
> marek

Hey Marek,

The wheels on PyPi are 'cp38-abi3'
that means that they are compatible with all the officially release
Python versions starting from 3.8, that means that
3.9, 3.10, 3.11, and 3.12 are supported as well.
In case you are interested into this topic, here
is the documentation: https://docs.python.org/3/c-api/stable.html

Regarding yocto, that's something we are currently
investigating in order to include PySide in the Qt images
provided by the Qt Installer (Maintenance Tool), but
it's still not available.

In case you find any further issue,
let us know, but using those wheels should be enough.

Cheers

--
Dr. Cristián Maureira-Fredes
Senior R&D Manager