[QBS] My rules are not activated for files

joerg.bornemann at nokia.com joerg.bornemann at nokia.com
Fri Apr 13 16:10:41 CEST 2012

The rule is not "activated" because qbs doesn't know that it should produce artifacts with the file tag "cmo".

    Application {
        files: "foo.cpp"
    }

is a short form of

    Product {
        type: ["application"]
        files: "foo.cpp"
    }

which means "I want to produce an application from foo.cpp (and maybe other files)".
Qbs automatically detects that there's a way to produce an application from a cpp file by doing the transformations cpp -> obj -> application.

So what you can do is to write

    Product {
        type: ["cmo"]
        Depends { name: "ocaml" }
    }

This should produce the desired cmo files which you can pass to your OCaml interpreter.

BR,

Jörg