[QBS] Aliases in QBS - first prototype

Tomasz Siekierda sierdzio at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 11:09:40 CET 2012

Hi guys,

Marius proposed yesterday to add aliases to QBS (here's a link to his
comment: http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2012/02/15/introducing-qbs/#comment-69112).
I had some spare time on my hands, so I went ahead and added it.

Implementation is indeed simple, yet has some important features:
aliases can be combined. For example, this is my current config file:
[alias]
awesome=config --list
moreawesome=-h

I can run qbs with "qbs awesome moreawesome" and it would correctly
parse both aliases (of course, in this case, this would not work, as
qbs runs "config --list" first, and discards "-h", even when you don't
use aliases). This is because my commit looks for aliases in config,
and then simply replaces them in "args" string list with values from
configuration.

For now, I've pushed my change (a single commit) to Gitorious
(https://qt.gitorious.org/~sierdzio/qt-labs/sierdzios-qbs/commit/32dcde81126f07c6508823a41ad980fe9e507911).
If you like it, I'll push to Gerrit, too, but I have not used gerrit
before, so I have to learn it first - I don't want to break something
accidentally :)

Anyway, have a good day,
sierdzio