[QBS] Aliases in QBS - first prototype

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com
Fri Feb 17 18:59:58 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 06:11:39PM +0100, Storm-Olsen Marius (Nokia-MP/Austin) wrote:
> On 2/17/12 8:17 AM, "Joerg Bornemann" <joerg.bornemann at nokia.com> wrote:
> >What Ossi proposes could also be wrapped in something like a git-like
> >workflow: [...]
> >
> >That's even less to type but also less flexible.

why less flexible? in my proposal you can modify the configs at any
time. it's just that the settings "stick".

> IMO, that's more project configuration;

of course it is. all property overrides are. ;)

> which is why I argue that we should wait with it until we have thought
> through the configuration nodes etc a bit more.

i don't see the need to wait. configure nodes will have to fit into this
schema anyway, otherwise we have already failed. the only difference to
current modules is that they will have more dynamic right-hand-sides,
but the property overrides from the command line will work the same way.