[QBS] RFC: Deployment support for qbs

joerg.bornemann at nokia.com joerg.bornemann at nokia.com
Wed Feb 22 07:50:07 CET 2012

> I'm not really fond of using a variable named "files" to tell qbs that the current section refers to a target.
> This seems to add some magic to the syntax and make the concept somewhat illogical to use.

That magic variable points out that there's an important concept missing in qbs' project files:
setting properties on generated artifacts respective identifying generated artifacts.
In that example we want to set properties of the dynamic lib we're generating without knowing its filename.
Its similar to $$TARGET in qmake.

Jörg