[QBS] Why we need set Qt Default Path for qt-based application?

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at nokia.com
Wed Mar 14 10:01:14 CET 2012

On 14/03/2012 05:43, ext Loaden wrote:

> When I test Qbs with "tests\manual\application", I got this error, So I
> wonder why we need set a default qt path?

qbs does not use the current environment to build a project.
It uses its own build environment. The up-side is that you do not have
to build your projects in the right shell. Especially on Windows is this
useful where you usually use separate shells for MSVC Win32 and MSVC
x64. Same goes for Qt versions: you don't have to fiddle around with the
environment to build with a different Qt version.
The down-side is that you have to register your Qt version somewhere.

> And how to set it?

See Stéphane's mail. :)

BR,

Jörg