[QBS] Link static libraries with shared library.

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at digia.com
Mon Oct 8 17:19:01 CEST 2012

On 08/10/2012 17:00, Ruslan Nigmatullin wrote:

>> Depends {
>>       names: project.products.filter(function(x) { return
>> x.fileTags.indexOf("staticplugin") >= 0; }).map(function(x){ return
>> x.name; }
>> }
>>
>> Depends.names gets a list of dependency names.
>> project.products is a list of product objects.
>
> But what is an order products should be resolved in? We don't know fileTags for products' artifacts before all Depends are resolved, but it depends on fileTags property. It's recursion as I see.

The most common case is to make the file tags of a product independent
of any Depends items. We're talking about product.type here, that's
usually set to a fixed value like "application". Of course one can
construct a case where product.type is dependent of some Dependent{}
value. The above approach would then need to throw an error.
   All in all, I don't believe that it's worth the effort just to
eliminate the need of listing dependencies.

Cheers,

Jörg