[QBS] [Qt-creator] Why I can't push any changes to wip/qbs branch?
oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com
Fri Sep 7 12:36:54 CEST 2012
On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 03:07:36PM +0000, ext tobias.hunger at nokia.com wrote:
> Hi Ruslan!
> Welcome aboard!
> I did not have private communication with Yuchen on this topic, so just check the archives:-) Basically it is a normal branch now, so you can use the normal gerrit workflow.
so, while tobias was a bit ahead of time, i now actually did that:
- the wip/qbs branch was force-pushed to the current master
- the special permissions are gone
for you that means:
- use the *pull* command from loaden's *last* abandoned gerrit change
- finish off the changes (i.e., squash the fixes onto the relevant
original changes). keep functional changes separate, while squashing
fixes. i think there is only two major commits in there.
- now rebase against the wip/qbs branch
- due to the recent refactorings on master this may *massively*
to deal with renamings, it is probably a good idea to just git
format-patch the changes, do a search&replace on the diff, reset the
branch and then re-apply the commits with git am -3.
- post the changes against refs/for/wip/qbs for usual review
if major refactoring strikes master again before we merge that branch,
we may need to rebase again (merges are utterly meaningless after a
major refactoring), but for now let's assume that this branch follows
the "normal" rules.
More information about the Qbs