[QBS] Framework creation

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com
Mon Sep 10 14:35:52 CEST 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 01:49:28PM +0200, ext Joerg Bornemann wrote:
> On 10/09/2012 12:46, ext Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> >> WRT the install location of headers, I like your latter proposal best,
> >> because its more explicit where which header get installed to.
> >>
> > that's exactly the wrong way around. the build tool needs to *hide* that
> > fact. it needs to come with a sufficiently rich set of abstract resource
> > names which are automatically installed to the right places, depending
> > on operating system/packaging conventions.
>
> Here's your sufficiently rich set of abstract resource names:
> destinationHeaders, destinationHeadersPrivate and destinationResources
>
> Let's say you want a certain set of your headers in a sub dir. How you
> you specify this using the filetag approach?
>
> Group {
>      fileTags: "private_headers_oh_but_actually_in_subdir"
>      files: [...]
> }
>
> // and now provide a rule for this file tag that looks exactly like the
> // standard install rule but with an altered target path...

there can be an additional optional property for that.
the install rules should be used to automatically determine the include
paths for users of these modules, at least by default. this implies that
the user needs to be somewhat limited in the nasties he can do at
install time.
anyway, i don't feel inclined to fully think this through now, so
whatever ...