[QBS] A Rule with more than one Artifact?

William Gallafent william at gallaf.net
Tue Sep 11 11:32:35 CEST 2012

On 11 September 2012 08:29, Christian Kandeler
<christian.kandeler at nokia.com> wrote:
> On 10/09/12 19:03, ext William Gallafent wrote:
>> My question is: how do I express the custom Rule that generates /two/
>> files from /one/ input file?
>
> Isn't that just a special case of a multiplex rule?

I guess so, I just hadn't found an indication in the docs or examples
of how to write it (and in particular how to get at the output file
names from the "body" ("prepare" property) of the rule! Luckily the
answer is to be found in msvc.js :)

I'd previously understood that a non-multiplex (uniplex? ;) rule is a
one-to-one mapping (bijection), whereas a multiplex rule is a
many-to-one mapping (surjection). Now I understand that a uniplex rule
is actually a one-to-many mapping, and a multiplex rule a many-to-many
mapping … :)

--
Bill Gallafent.