[QBS] Fwd: Does qbs plan to support cross-compiling?

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com
Thu Sep 13 18:55:45 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 08:35:30PM +0600, ext Ruslan Nigmatullin wrote:
> 10.09.2012, 17:07, "Joerg Bornemann" <joerg.bornemann at nokia.com>:
>
> >  On 10/09/2012 12:39, ext Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> >>   no. it *is* linux. it just needs an additional designator, so the os
> >>   name needs to be hierarchical in some way.
> >>   we actually discussed that a while ago.
> >  Forgive my confusion and forget the first sentence.
> >  Yes, you're right. That's what I meant with "here must be something like
> >  platform capabilities" / unix scope.
> >
> >  Jörg
>
> Something like this?
>
> Properties {
>     condition: qbs.targetPlatform.contains('MeeGo') // case independent indexOf(type) != -1

i don't like case-insensitivity. it makes lookups more expensive
(especially if you try to optimize them with hashing). and it doesn't
fit the case-sensitive surroundings of the language.

(and yes, i complained about the case insensitivity at many other places
probably a year ago. it's just that i didn't remove it myself, so nobody
did ...)

> }
>
> this property should contain 'unix', 'linux', 'meego', 'maemo6' (last one for historic reasons) and be defined from platform-config

this is rather similar to what i built into qmake a few days ago (though
of course all the os flags are in the universal CONFIG), so yeah, i
guess it must be good. ^^