[QBS] QBS plugin for Qt Creator

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at digia.com
Fri Jan 11 16:59:17 CET 2013

Hello!

I just resurrected the wip/qbs branch of the qtcreator project on
Gerrit. It contains Qt Creator with an *experimental* Qbs plugin added.

To make this clear: This plugin is not even in Alpha state, it is -- as
the branch name implies -- WORK-IN-PROGRESS. Basic functionality is
already there.

I would greatly appreciate if you would take the time to test this a bit
and would provide feedback (and maybe a patch or two;).

Known issues:
================

  * Occasionally crashes Creator
  * Qt Creator does not find all the buildsystem files
  * No QML code model
  * Qbs always uses the system environment
  * Supports Custom Executable RunConfigurations only
  * It is very picky about the version of qbs at this time.

How to try it:
=================

You will need a fresh qbs master build before you can build creator. I
am currently at d4e626b68cba44c888ced2179d4654a5ec793b5d.

The Qbs sources are expected in ../qbs (relative to the toplevel Qt
Creator sources directory) and the Qbs build is expected in ../qbs
(relative to the toplevel QtCreator build directory).

Follow the normal Qt Creator build instructions once you have such a
layout. You need to build Qt Creator with qmake/make at this time, I
forgot to add a .qbs file for the new plugin:-)

What to do after trying it:

Please mail me your experiences with the branch if you decide to give it
a try and don't spam JIRA with this;-)

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius