[QBS] Heads up: "Platforms" are gone

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Fri Jan 18 10:26:49 CET 2013

Hi,

as indicated some weeks ago, we have now removed the platforms concept,
which had become redundant with the introduction of profiles. This means
that both the "qbs.platform" setting as well as the "qbs platforms"
command have gone.
What does this mean for you?
a) Instead of "qbs platforms probe", you now say "qbs
detect-toolchains". It works the same way, but creates profiles instead
of platforms.
b) To share settings between profiles, use the new "baseProfile"
setting, e.g. "qbs config profiles.qt.baseProfile gcc", where "gcc"
could be a profile set up via "qbs detect-toolchain".

That should be all. If I've missed something, let me know.