[QBS] A couple suggestions

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Wed Jun 5 10:52:14 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 06:27:14PM -0400, Jake Thomas Petroules wrote:
> Had a couple ideas for QBS:
>
> 1. Add a property qbs.platformExecutableFormat which could have the value of "pe", "macho", "elf", etc. It would be a read-only property determined by the targetOS, unless there is an actual use case for being able to override it? I can't think of any.

DOS extenders came with their own loaders, so there were multiple
formats. but then, each extender was basically a different platform.

linux supports elf and a.out (nowadays, most distros certainly build
that as a module, if at all). but then, this would be probably a
separate platform as well.

> 2. Add a way to specify the minimum version number of QBS required by a project, such as a minimumQbsVersion property on Project. If the requirement was not met, the build should fail with something like "This project requires a newer version of QBS. Current: 1.0.0, Required: 1.0.5"

that's basically what the versioned import statements are for. or should
be.