[QBS] How can a QBS Build Rule use a product?

Johannes.Matokic at microchip.com Johannes.Matokic at microchip.com
Wed Jun 19 16:29:43 CEST 2013

Hello,

We are currently evaluating QBS as an alternative to QMake or CMake for some of our projects. This is mainly due to the higher speed, less complexity and the expected higher stability of future releases.

So far the tests work well. However one project makes heavy use of preprocessing with a tool that is built as a part of the project. So far I haven't found a way to achieve this in QBS.
Can somebody tell me how this could be done? And if it is not possible yet, are there plans to implement this and in which release can this feature be expected?

Simplified code for the problem could be found in my StackOverflow-question at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17173825/how-can-a-qbs-build-rule-use-a-product.

Thank you

Johannes Matokic

Microchip Technology Germany II GmbH & Co. KG
Friedrichshafener Straße 3 | 82205 Gilching | Germany
Tel: +49 (0) 8153 88 969-73 | Fax: +49 (0) 8153 88 969-9
johannes.matokic at microchip.com
Haftender Gesellschafter: Microchip Technology Germany GmbH, Gilching
Geschäftsführer: Mohammed Nawaz Sharif, J. Eric Bjornholt, Ulrich Hallerberg
Sitz: 85737 Ismaning | HRA 98692