[QBS] Probe properties not working?

Jake Thomas Petroules jake.petroules at petroules.com
Tue Mar 5 22:12:16 CET 2013

Hi All,

It seems to me that the properties of Probe items don't get set. For example, if I run this file through QBS:

import qbs.base 1.0
import qbs.probes as Probes
import qbs.fileinfo as FileInfo
import "<path to qbs>/share/qbs/imports/qbs/probes/utils.js" as Utils

CppApplication {
    Depends { name: "cpp" }
	name: "foo"
	files: "main.c"

	Probes.PathProbe {
		id: foo
		platformPaths: [
		    "~/Downloads",
		    "/Users/jakepetroules/Downloads"
		]

		names: [ "test.txt" ]
	}

	Group {
		name: {
			print("found: " + foo.found)
			print("path: " + foo.path)
			print("filePath: " + foo.filePath)
			return "bar"
		}

		files: "dummy.txt"

I receive the following output:

found: false
path: undefined
filePath: undefined
Resolving project
Building
generating PkgInfo
generating Info.plist
compiling main.c
linking foo
generating app bundle
Build done.

/Users/jakepetroules/Downloads/test.txt DOES exist and FileInfo.exists() does return true, which I tested by inserting debug print() statements into PathProbe.qbs. So, why are the properties undefined as shown in the output?

I'd open a bug report but I'm not sure yet whether this is a bug or if I've simply done something wrong.

Jake Petroules
Petroules Corporation (www.petroules.com)
Email: jake.petroules at petroules.com