[QBS] Build graph QDataStream format (IMPORTANT!)

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Mon Mar 18 15:10:08 CET 2013

Hi,

we only noticed today that we had completely forgotten to version our
build graph files with respect to the version of the QDataStream format
which is used to read and write it. This means that if you built your
project with qbs compiled against Qt4 and then built it again with qbs
compiled against Qt5 (or vice versa), qbs would crash.
We have now fixed the QDataStream format version at the one used by Qt
4.8.0, which is the lowest Qt version which you can use to build qbs.
While this solves the aforementioned problem, it also means that loading
existing build graphs might now fail, most likely with a crash.
Therefore, when using qbs after patch 9df9b0e8, you must manually delete
all existing build graphs if they were written by an older qbs built
against Qt > 4.8.0.

Sorry for the inconvenience,