[QBS] Qbs Roadmap

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at digia.com
Fri May 31 17:39:02 CEST 2013

On 31/05/2013 14:29, Jochen Becher wrote:

> in my company we are currently trying to switch from Visual Studio with
> Qt plugin to QtCreator. We were running into some conceptional problems
> with qmake so we are currently looking into Qbs as an alternative.

Just out of curiosity, could you tell us what these conceptional
problems are in detail?

> We understand that Qbs' integration into QtCreator is still not ready
> for daily use (e.g. because of issue QBS-19 and others) so I would like
> to know if there is any detailed roadmap of Qbs for the next months.

QBS-19 (add possibility to add files to qbs projects in Qt Creator) is
just about adding files via right-mouse click and a context menu. You
can add files by directly editing the project file of course.

The roadmap can be viewed in JIRA. It is reachable via the main project
page https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QBS
There are the planned future versions visible. Every accepted issue got
a version assigned to it that indicates when they are supposed to be fixed.

BR,

Joerg