[QBS] C++11 support

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Tue Oct 1 14:01:35 CEST 2013

On 10/01/2013 01:48 PM, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 02:57:23PM +0400, Ruslan Nigmatullin wrote:
>> May be it's a good idea to add boolean option "cpp.cxx11Support" to cpp module?
>>
> that needs to be more generic.
> look at the standard version flags gcc has - year, but also
> compatibility level (gnu, ansi, pedantic ansi).

This has come up before, and I'm not convinced it makes sense to
introduce an abstraction -- how generic could it really be? We'd
basically enumerate all the existing compiler options, a lot of which
probably do not have counterparts elsewhere, and then people would be
writing compiler-specific code anyway.

> and of course, the module should do validation, i.e., abort the build
> early if the compiler does not support the mode. but that's for later.

Yeah, much later...