[QBS] Configuring Qt Profiles

Brian Dentino brian.dentino at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 19:49:31 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm new to QBS (just started playing around with it yesterday), and I've
been having problems building even simple examples that depend on Qt
modules. It seems that the Qt profiles I'm setting up aren't getting
properly configured.

I dug into it and it looks like the problem occurs when qbs-setup-qt tries
to parse module information from the qt .pri files in QtModuleInfo.cpp. I
have a developer's build of Qt 5.3.1 (Mac OSX, x86_64), and the mkspecs are
split between two folders, 'modules', and 'modules-inst'. QtModuleInfo.cpp
looks at the .pri files in 'modules', not 'modules-inst', but important
info like module name, etc. exists only in the 'modules-inst' version of
each project. So things like include paths don't get set up properly and
the build system can't find any Qt headers.

I can't find much about why there are two mkspec/modules* directories with
identically-named contents; is this a byproduct of creating my own
developer build? If that's the case, is there a known workaround here, or
some other convenient way to setup qbs profiles for such builds? I Am I
missing something, or is this just an overlooked use case?

I tried just telling QtModuleInfo to look in 'modules-inst' instead, but
that doesn't quite work either because the .pri files in there use
properties inherited from the corresponding .pri file in 'modules'.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian