[QBS] QBS for iOS

Jake Petroules jake.petroules at petroules.com
Thu Aug 21 09:16:01 CEST 2014

On 2014-08-17, at 04:49 PM, Brian Dentino <brian.dentino at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone successfully built and deployed an iOS application using QBS? I've had success building apps, but the artifacts just will not install properly on any of my devices, no matter how I sign/provision them. Wondering if anyone has any advice... Is this something I should just give up on for now and go back to using xcode?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Hi Brian,

Sorry for the late response. OS X and iOS code signing is not yet handled by Qbs, so any problems you are having are most likely not specific to Qbs. I'd suggest having a look at Apple's code signing documentation as the best place to start, and/or read Xcode's build logs to determine what command line invocations you need to replicate. Otherwise, Xcode might be a better bet for now (we also  don't have the best support for bundles at this time).

I wish I could be of more help but at this point it's not a Qbs issue (don't worry, we will add support for Apple code signing eventually).
Jake Petroules - jake.petroules at petroules.com
Chief Technology Officer - Petroules Corporation