[QBS] 'qbs run' working directory

Millian Poquet millian.poquet at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 16:30:59 CEST 2014

Hi,

I updated my qbs installation today from version 1.2.2 to version 1.3 (I am
on Arch Linux).

Previously, when calling 'qbs run release' in the root directory R of my
project, the executable working directory was R in version 1.2.2. However,
it seems that in version 1.3 the working directory is now inside the build
directory ([buildDir]/[profile]-release/[app].[profile]).

Since I'm using relative paths to load files, it causes me some bugs.
I really liked the simplicity of just calling 'qbs run release' and I would
like to avoid chaining commands like 'qbs release &&
[buildDir]/[profile]-release/[app].[profile]/[app]'.

I thought that the 'run' command was there to simplify this kind of issues
and I wonder why the working directory had been changed.

Is there any way to tell qbs that I would like applications to be run in
the root directory of their project (or just in the directory from where
qbs had been called) ?

Regards,
Millian