[QBS] Error message when conditionally using string lists on project level

Thomas Epting thomas.epting.stryker at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 09:42:15 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I'm running into troubles when trying to configure a product via a string
list defined on project level. Here is a stripped-down version of my code
that shows the problem:

import qbs.base 1.0
Project {

    name: "projectProperties"

    property stringList valueList: [ "v1", "v2" ]

    Properties {

        condition: qbs.targetOS.contains("windows")

        valueList: [ "v1", "v3" ]

    }

    Project {

        name: "A"

        Product {

            property var debugMe: {

                for ( var i in project.valueList )

                    print(project.valueList[i]);

When running this with Qbs build from Git 1.2 branch (on Windows 7), I get
the message "ReferenceError: Can't find variable: qbs". However the code
works if I do one (or some) of the following:

 - Set the condition of the project-level Properties item to "true" or
"false"
 - Remove the project-Level Properties item entirely
 - Move the Product item out of the subproject

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Thomas