[QBS] installing library headers files and .lib

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Thu Jun 26 11:15:37 CEST 2014

Hi Alexei,

 > I am using qbs for building library and have 2 naive questions.
> 1. I am trying to install header files and library after build (deploy
> action in Qt Creator):
>
>      Group  {
>          fileTagsFilter:  product.type
>          qbs.installDir:  "lib"
>          qbs.install:  true
>      }
>
>      Group  {
>          files:  "public_header.h"
>          qbs.installDir:  "include"
>          qbs.install:  true
>      }
>

> Installation of lib works pretty well, but headers files installatition works only some times (quite rare). Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Code looks okay and should work. If you can reproduce the issue, please
file a bug report and provide instructions how to trigger it. I have not
observed problems with this feature. But note that older versions of qbs
(I don't remember whether 1.1 was still affected) had trouble
recognizing changes to qbs.install and qbs.installDir for incremental
builds.

> 2. If I am using MS compilers for building shared library I need to
> install dll and corresponding .lib file. How can I refer to .lib file
> from qbs-project file (product.type refers to generated dll)?

The .lib file has the tag "dynamiclibrary_export".