[QBS] How to setup an custom profile without Qt?

Denis Shienkov denis.shienkov at gmail.com
Fri May 16 20:36:07 CEST 2014

Hi all.

I have an two questions:

1) I want to setup manually an custom profile with the custom qbs and
cpp options, without Qt (using the "qbs-config" utility).

E.g. here http://qt-project.org/doc/qbs-1.2/qt-versions.html I see that
is used a path to the qmake:

{quote}
qbs setup-qt /usr/bin/qmake myqt
{quote}

but in my case I do not want to use Qt at all. So, how I can do it
without specifying an Qt? It is possible?

2) I want to specify a custom options to the qbs and the cpp module,
e.g. with custom compiler, custom architecture and so on.

E.g. by analogy with available MSVC profile:

profiles.MSVC2012_x86.cpp.toolchainInstallPath: C:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\bin
profiles.MSVC2012_x86.cpp.windowsSDKPath:
profiles.MSVC2012_x86.qbs.architecture: x86
profiles.MSVC2012_x86.qbs.targetOS: windows
profiles.MSVC2012_x86.qbs.toolchain: msvc

I want to create a profile, e.g. for KEIL compiler, like:

profiles.KEIL_C51.cpp.toolchainInstallPath: <path/to/keil/compiler>
profiles.KEIL_C51.cpp.windowsSDKPath:
profiles.KEIL_C51.qbs.architecture: C51
profiles.KEIL_C51.qbs.targetOS: none
profiles.KEIL_C51.qbs.toolchain: keil