[QBS] qbs & qt creator

Kurt Keller kk at parity-software.com
Thu May 22 11:32:57 CEST 2014

Hi

I have Qt Creator 3.1.1 and Qt 5.3.0 successfully compiled and installed
into a single folder, called qtdevenv-5.3. I can use Qt Creator with qbs
projects - no problem.

But how can I install qbs in a way that

- it resides in the same install folder 'qtdevenv-5.3'
- it does not interfere with the version from Qt Creator
- it can be called from shell
- it uses the same profiles (and the same build directories) as
  Qt Creator uses.

I was not able to do that. Some reasons: If I use the bundled Qbs from
Qt Creator 3.1.1 the Qt modules are missing and (called from the shell)
qbs says 'Module Qt/core could not be loaded'

If I use qbs 1.1.1 (official downlod from
https://login.qt.digia.com/downloads the dll's mismatch. (Qt Creator
Version <> QBS Version)

I have a lot of libraries, applications etc. I want to use batch files and
shell scripts to to create all of these. And I want to use Qt Creator for
development and debugging.

--
Regards
Kurt Keller