[QBS] set windres name

Jake Petroules jake.petroules at petroules.com
Fri Sep 5 00:16:31 CEST 2014

On 2014-09-04, at 01:51 PM, Philip A Reimer <antreimer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Where can I do the equivalent to
>
> QMAKE_RC                = $${CROSS_COMPILE}windres
>
> found in qmake.conf for qbs?
>
> I currently have /usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-windres and  /usr/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-windres
>
> Also my libqtmain.a is named libqt5main.a (This is to avoid a conflict with qt4)
>
> I am currrently just creating symlinks to fix the issues but was wondering if there was a way to do this in qbs.
>
> -ant32

You can use the cpp.windresPath property -- however, don't do this. Qbs already internally prepends the toolchain prefix to the windres binary name. What you *should* do is set the toolchain prefix, like so:

qbs-config profiles.myprofile32.cpp.toolchainPrefix: "i686-w32-mingw32"
qbs-config profiles.myprofile64.cpp.toolchainPrefix: "x86_64-w64-mingw32"

qbs-setup-toolchains SHOULD already do all this automatically for you (in fact I specifically implemented it to work with the MinGW cross compilers out of the box), so I'm curious why it hasn't. Can you please provide us with your profile setup (qbs-config --list) and what version of Qbs you are using so we can fix the issue if there is indeed one?
Jake Petroules - jake.petroules at petroules.com
Chief Technology Officer - Petroules Corporation