[QBS] Corrupted object files on qbs builds.

Orgad Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 14:24:56 CEST 2014

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 3:15 PM, Smirnov Vladimir <mapron at yandex.ru> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I noticed that in latest QtC 3.2 (win7), after cancelling build (or
> build failed during compile errors), rarely i get "Invalit or corruped
> object file" linker errors.
> Toolchain MSVS 2010, compiling project with Qt 4.8 lib. I am using qbs
> and this toolchain past last year, but such errors appeared (i noticed
> these for 5 times already).
> Sometimes corrupted more than one file. Timestamp checl was enabled, i
> have disabled it, will see if it helps.
>
> What reasons could lead to that behavior?

Hi,

I've also noticed it, but only on some of the machines here (my machine for
example has Win7 with the same setup, and it doesn't happen to me).

I remember having these corruptions when we changed
<https://codereview.qt-project.org/28119> the Cancel Build to send
Ctrl-Break instead of Ctrl-C, but this was reverted
<https://codereview.qt-project.org/28451>.

- Orgad