[QBS] dynamic library target name on mac osX

olivier musse olivier.musse at sfr.fr
Thu Sep 18 10:08:41 CEST 2014

Le 17/09/2014 20:47, Jake Petroules a écrit :
> On 2014-09-17, at 11:33 AM, olivier musse <olivier.musse at sfr.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On mac os X when compiling a dynamic library, the target name is
>> automatically prefix with lib and postfix with version number.
>> It is possible to change the prefix using cpp.dynamicLibraryPrefix (not
>> documented) but we found nothing (exception modifying path-tools.js
>> file) to not append the version number.
>> Is there any solution to do that properly using a cpp module property or
>> something else than hacking path-tools.js file?
>> If not, is it possible to imagine that as a feature for a next QBS version?
>>
>> Many thanks for help.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Olivier

> I cannot imagine a valid use case for doing this -- could you explain why you need it?
>
> If you set the product's version property to undefined then there will be no version number appended, but I would not recommend you use this since the version property is multi-purpose and does more than just append it to the filename.
Hi Jake,

As always, we are doing very specific things :o)

Well this is always the same specific case where we are developing
plugins for a software (http://www.4d.com/). Plugins are dynamic
libraries (on mac and windows) with specific names (should be the same
on windows and mac with a specific extensions .4DX). ... well there are
many constraints and one is that no version must be appended in name.
And as you said we do not want to loose all advantages of specifying a
version to the product.

Regards

Olivier