[QBS] Building Qt with QBS

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at theqtcompany.com
Thu Apr 2 11:03:42 CEST 2015

On 04/01/2015 11:31 PM, Andrew Knight wrote:
> Is there is already a way to create a QBS profile (using
> multiplexing) that lets you specify the compiler/sdk for host tools and
> a separate combo for the target platform? That's another problem I've
> chosen to ignore thus far, but Christian has suggested that it might be
> doable already.

The Product item has a "profiles" property. The envisioned use is
something like this:
Project {
     name: "Qt"
     property string hostProfile
     property string targetProfile
}
Product {
     name: "QtBootstrap"
     profiles: [project.hostProfile]
     // ...
}
Product {
     name: "QtWidgets" // etc
     profile: [project.targetProfile]
     // ...
}
$ qbs build -f qt.qbs project.hostProfile:myHostProfile
project.targetProfile:myTargetProfile

Our first experience with using this feature (in the Android modules)
suggests that is probably desirable to have some sort of "sub-profiles"
that are "aggregated" by a parent profile. (This sounds blurry, because
it is.)