[QBS] Linking inter-dependent libraries using gcc

Ilya Lyubimov villytiger at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 18:44:42 CEST 2015

Hi,
I'm trying to link inter-dependent libraries, but as qbs merges the list of
libraries it seems to be impossible now.
For example there are two libraries: liba.a and libb.a. liba.a uses symbols
from libb.a and libb.a uses symbols from liba.a. Then using gcc they must
be linked with the following command line: "-la -lb -la". But I can't get
this behavior using cpp.staticLibraries property, because qbs passes each
library only once. So in such situation the only way is to use low level
linkerFlags.
Things become more complicated if one of this libraries is produced by qbs,
while another one is an external library. I don't know how to workaround in
such case without using qbs internals (artifact paths).
And finally two inter-dependent libraries built by qbs would produce graph
cycle error.

--
С уважением, / Best regards
Любимов Илья / Ilya Lyubimov