[QBS] Android support in Qbs

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at theqtcompany.com
Tue Jan 6 11:56:58 CET 2015

On 01/05/2015 09:53 PM, Jake Petroules wrote:
> Hey,
>
> So I’ve tried out the new Android support and so far there are some
> major issues (I think). Since I haven’t really used profile multiplexing
> yet, I’m not sure if how I’m invoking Qbs is correct:
>
> qbs profile:android
>
> With this I receive:
>
> *ERROR: */share/qbs/modules/cpp/linux-gcc.qbs:4 TypeError: Result of
> expression 'qbs.toolchain' [undefined] is not an object.
>
> Maybe that’s a bug, but suppressing that I still receive an error when
> running:
>
> qbs profile:android qbs.toolchain:gcc
>
> *ERROR: *[REDACTED].qbs:3:1 Product dependency 'jsoncpp' not found for
> profile 'android'.
>
> Since this is a closed source project I can’t really give a more
> concrete example, but even if I explicitly try to build jsoncpp (which
> is based on a StaticLibrary item) the build fails, even if the entire
> contents are removed:
>
> // jsoncpp.qbs
> import qbs
> StaticLibrary {}
> // jsoncpp.qbs
>
> qbs -p jsoncpp profile:android qbs.toolchain:gcc

I cannot reproduce this, and I suspect that your qbs build is screwed up
(Library.qbs not up to date?). If you can really reproduce the problem
with a clean qbs build, please file a bug report, preferaby with a small
example that exhibits the problem.
(And of course you don't need to set qbs.toolchain explicitly.)