[QBS] propagate compiler options

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Sat Jan 17 23:19:02 CET 2015

> I have for example application A which depend on static library B and C.
> Static library B depends on static library C. No problem yet but now
> static library C depends on B. Now we have a problem because of creating
> a loop. This is however not uncommon. Most RTOSes will have such kind of
> dependencies. Not dependent on code but depended on header files. E.g.:

I have a similar scenario containing an 'application' product, a 'core' lib
and multiple 'platform' libs (and many more). 'Platform' can not compile
without core, but 'core' can not compile without some header files from
'platform'. So I've defined a pseudo-product 'plattform-headers' just
exporting the essential include paths. 'Core' now needs a dependency to
'platform-headers' in order to compile, but no one to 'platform'. The
'platform' product has a dependency to 'core'. That's it.

All platforms are referenced in a qbs project (file). The correct reference
is determined by the qbs.architecture property.

// meta-platform qbs file
Project {
    property var platform_packages : {
        return {