[QBS] run script after building products

Stephan Gatzka stephan.gatzka at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:16:16 CET 2015

Hello all!

Please forgive me my probably basic questions, but I'm a newbie to qbs.

I've to build a bare metal project, consisting of two elf binaries and
an FPGA image.

Building both elf binaries worked like charm. But after building both
elf binaries I have to combine both elf files and the pre-built FPGA
image into a single image. This involves some fancy calls to objcopy
and dd.

Now I'm struggling with the task how to implement that in a qbs product.

This is my current structure:
Project {
  name: "productName"

  Application {
    name: "app1"

  Application {
    name: "app2"

  Product {
    name: "image"

    Depends {
      name:"app1"
      required:true
    }
    Depends {
      name:"app2"
      required:true

Inside the image product I tried to make the calls to objcopy and dd
in the prepare script of a Rule or a Transformer. I think I haven't
totally understood the behavior or intention of the usings and input
directives.

Can somebody please give me a hint how to solve this task best?

Kind regards,

Stephan