[QBS] A more general replacement for qbs-setup-xxx utilites
oswald.buddenhagen at theqtcompany.com
Fri Mar 27 19:36:18 CET 2015
On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 02:19:55PM +0300, Aleksey Sidorov wrote:
> I think, that had accumulated enough hard coded tools to setup qbs
> profile. And I think more complex applications will want more of these
> May be need to replace qbs setup tools with qbs script based solution?
i think i managed to convince joerg that you are right. :)
the general idea is that all environment detection/adaptation should be
in "configure" parts of the modules it affects.
profiles should be very thin containers with:
- environment variables
- the default profile would just inherit the current environment
- a "dumb" set of module-specific properties of two kinds:
- additional parameters that help the configure probes:
- path to the compiler for the cpp (toolchain) module
- path to qmake for the qt module
- "selector" properties that help to decide which version of a module
to use if multiple equally suitable builds are found (the discussion
in https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QBS-701 is pertinent. also,
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QBS-192 requires a solution to the
same problem at the project level)
> For example, some applications on unix wants to convert pkg
> config files to qbs modules or run some environment checks.
there is a whole bunch of jira tasks with comments (mostly written by me
:D) that concern configuration and use of modules, so you may want to
familiarize yourself with qbs' jira task list in general.
contributions in this area would be *very* welcome. ;)
More information about the Qbs