[QBS] Unpacking an archive

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at theqtcompany.com
Tue May 19 17:19:49 CEST 2015

On 12-May-15 12:22, Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:

> in a bid to build some additional 3rdparty libraries, I need to unpack
> an archive that contains some headers and some libraries.
>
> The unpacking part is easy enough, but I'd like to build the
> outputArtifacts list based on listing the stuff in the archive. Still
> possible, but how can I now generate the outputFileTags? First is that
> it would be better to generate this list together with the artifact
> list, and second I would want to query qbs for tags that it knows (e.g.
> header files or .so files).

Currently, outputFileTags is assumed to be a static list. You can fill
it with everything your rule might produce. In your case it could look
like ["hpp", "dynamiclibrary", "staticlibrary"].

There's no API yet for accessing the known file tags provided by file
taggers. You might want to add a suggestion in the bug tracker.

BR,

Joerg