[QBS] On the use of "Depends" keyword

NIkolai Marchenko enmarantispam at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 23:34:57 CEST 2015

Expanding on the second question a little:

Let's say there is a client that only has sources for lib2 but not lib1. He
only has lib1.dll
He also has his own superproject that lib2 is a part of.
Now, if he tries to compile lib2 it will produce him an unresolved lib1
dependency.
He can't comment out the dependency too as it will break source doe for
those who need it.

The only option he has is to make it a soft dependency: Depends {name:
"lib1"; required:false}

And this is one of the real world situations in which the question arises:
If lib1 is made a soft dependency,  will "super" still build lib1 first?
"required: false" is kinda open to interpretation and this is not
documented as far as I can see