[QBS] Qbs not working in Creator on Win7

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at theqtcompany.com
Fri Sep 4 10:41:56 CEST 2015

On 09/03/2015 06:16 PM, Tyler Daniel wrote:
> I’ve tried using the project wizards to create several kinds of qbs-built projects on Win7.  I’ve tried 3.5.0 and 3.4.2.  In both cases Creator can’t even parse the generated qbs file.

What does "can't parse" mean? What is the output?
Are you sure you have a valid Kit attached to your project?

> The same releases on my Mac work fine.

There is nothing OS-specific about this.

> If I take a qbs project that works on my Mac and copy it over, I run into the problem that the profiles that Creator uses don’t have a compiler or toolchain directory defined.

The qbs profiles are derived from Creator's Kits. If the profile does
not have a toolchain, then the Kit usually has no compiler set. Or
perhaps it was misdetected in some way; hard to say without concrete
data. You'd have to show us at least your Kit and the qbs profile that
Creator made from it.