[Qbs] (no subject)

Ch'Gans chgans at gna.org
Wed Dec 14 23:20:27 CET 2016

On 14 December 2016 at 22:51, Christian Kandeler
<christian.kandeler at qt.io> wrote:
> On 12/13/2016 11:44 PM, Ch'Gans wrote:
>>>
>>> So, i take that this test still passes on non-windows hosts.
>>> Not sure i will have some time today, which is a pity b/c i have
>>> Qt-5.7 on windows here, ans later at home, i only have linux and
>>> macos... :(
>>
>> Any update? Unfortunately, i don't have MCVS 2015, only 2008 and 2013 :(
>
> For MSVC, this was required: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/179583/
> I don't know about the mingw case.

I'm not sure clang-check can understand MSVC compiler commands (clang
itself can with 'clang.exe --driver-mode=cl' or simply using
clang-cl.exe). I've found some discussion threads about doing this,
but no concrete solutions. I've just send an email to the clang user
ML, will keep updated.

Is this failure a regression? Or is it a new test configuration?

Simply replacing /D with -D might not be enough.

maybe these 2 clang-check options could come handy:
  -extra-arg=<string>        - Additional argument to append to the
compiler command line
  -extra-arg-before=<string> - Additional argument to prepend to the
compiler command line

eg, -extra-arg-before=--driver-mode=cl, or something along these lines...

No clue about the mingw case, i would need to try it here...

Chris