[QBS] qbs beta/rc release to accompany qt-creator beta/rc releases

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 15:32:46 CET 2016

On 03/11/16 15:18, Christian Kandeler wrote:
> On 11/03/2016 02:58 PM, Andrzej Telszewski wrote:
>> But did you try to compile it against qbs 1.6.0, and not the bundled one?
>
> Oh, you are talking about API compatibility? Yeah, we only guarantee
> that across patch releases. And indeed you cannot build Creator 4.2
> against qbs 1.6, because a new public type is being used there. So you
> need qbs master for that (should be 1.7, but see my earlier email).

So this brings us to the beginning ;-)

I would prefer that you release -beta or -rc of qbs to accompany the
-beta or -rc of qt-creator.

But if that's not possible, can you instruct me what would be the
easiest way to find out which qbs commit made it into the qt-creator
-beta tarball release?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski