[Qbs] How do I build using GCC with the "-march=native" option?

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Fri Dec 8 11:28:00 CET 2017

> I believe qbs is being overly strict here. There seem to be legitimate
> use cases for -march not covered by dedicated properties. See also
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QBS-1018.

Ah, I missed that bugreport. Yes I'd agree it's being too strict with
regards to -march. Would be nice if this was fixed.

My use case is to run some computational code as fast as possible on the
host machine, so I'd like the best optimization possible.

> As a workaround, you can try the (undocumented) cpp.machineType property.
> It doesn't do anything when using clang, though.

I'll try that for now. Thanks!

Best regards,
Ola