[Qbs] Fwd: qbs run --dry-run not working ?

Damien Courtois damien.courtois at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 11:41:04 CET 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Damien Courtois <damien.courtois at gmail.com>
Date: 2017-12-15 11:39 GMT+01:00
Subject: Re: [Qbs] qbs run --dry-run not working ?
To: Christian Kandeler <christian.kandeler at qt.io>
Cc: "qbs at qt-project.org\" <qbs at qt-project.org>"@qt-project.org

The IDE is VSCode. And since extensions are typescript modules, I can only
use the Qbs command line tool.

I understand that the command line tool was not designed for being used
like this, but I think that if it provided a command to query informations
about a project, it would really ease integration into a lot of tools. Take
the example of CMake: it's integrated in Qt Creator, and now even in Visual
Studio 2017. This integration was possible by parsing the output of CMake,
and since the server mode, it became even easier (well, at least now it's
standardized. I still don't understand why they had to create the whole
server mode / handshake / whatever mess instead of just outputting things
directly, but anyways :p)

Is this something you would consider ? And if this is not your priority
(which I would totally understand) are you accepting contributions ?