[Qbs] Fwd: qbs run --dry-run not working ?

Damien Courtois damien.courtois at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 13:55:42 CET 2017

Yes I have seen his reply and took the time to check the Qbs repository,
but that's not what I'm trying to do. What I'm trying to do is basically
what Qt Creator is doing with CMake.

To elaborate further: I don't want to generate a solution/whatever and then
open this solution/whatever with my IDE. I just want to use the Qbs command
line tool to build, clean and debug a Qbs project, without resorting to
(e.g. generate) non-qbs-native files.
And it's pretty much doable, but like with CMake before its server mode, it
relies on a lot of parsing Qbs command line tool outputs, and this is not
very reliable nor future proof, thus the idea of a clear query command in
the command line tool :)

I hope it's a bit clearer :)