[Qbs] Qbs system settings

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 20:56:44 CET 2017

On 15/12/2017 10:26 pm, "Christian Kandeler" <christian.kandeler at qt.io>
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 18:10:42 +1300
Christian Gagneraud <chgans at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to setup qbs profile system wide, I have tried using the
> '--settings-dir' (eg qbs-setup-qt --settings-dir /etc/xdg), but then
> qbs-config doesn't seem to read the system settings.
>
> $ /opt/qt/5.6/bin/qtpaths --paths GenericConfigLocation
> /root/.config:/etc/xdg
> $ /opt/qt/5.6/bin/qtpaths --paths ConfigLocation
> /root/.config:/etc/xdg
>
> I would expect that qbs-config would see profiles defined system-wise
> too. But it seems that i need to use qbs-config --settings-dir
>
> Can Qbs pick up build profiles defined system-wide?

Looking at the source code, the answer seems to be "not reliably". We use
QSettings internally, which can look up the system default, but if you give
the --settings-dir option, we use a QSettings constructor which doesn't do
that.
So system-global settings are not really supported at the moment. You might
want to file a bug report for that.

Thanks for that. I'll raise a ticket as I think it's a basic but important
feature.

Chris